Opalescence is a revolutionary tooth-whitening treatment that provides patients with a brighter, dazzling smile. This treatment is composed of a unique and innovative gel that has the ability to penetrate deep into the enamel and remove the staining particles.
What Causes Discoloration?
The teeth may become stained due to various reasons. Some of them are excessive consumption of colored foods and beverages, chewing tobacco and cigarettes, improper brushing and flossing techniques, etc. Discoloration can be quite embarrassing and has the potential to reduce one’s self-confidence.
How Does Opalescence Work?
Opalescence uses an exclusive whitening gel that can penetrate deep into the enamel to remove the staining particles. The gel is applied to the teeth and spread evenly so as to cover all the teeth surfaces. A UV light would be used to activate the gel, which causes it to foam. The foam is removed after a few minutes, and the procedure is repeated if required. This procedure removes all the staining particles from the teeth, making them look brighter and whiter than before.
Why Choose Opalescence?
Opalescence is one of the most preferred tooth-whitening techniques as it:
- Removes all the staining particles from the enamel
- Leaves no residue behind
- Delivers excellent results in a short span of time
- Safe for patients of all ages and holds no side effects
- Is long-lasting if taken care of properly
- Does not require any special maintenance
- Can be used on patients with dental restorations such as crowns, veneers, fillings, etc.
How to Maintain Opalescence?
The patient would have to follow some precautions after receiving Opalescence treatment. Some of them are:
- Do not consume colored foods or beverages for at least 24 hours after treatment
- Do not brush or floss your teeth harshly as it could damage your enamel or dislodge the staining particles
- Avoid using whitening toothpaste as they tend to bleach your teeth excessively. Opt for regular ones instead.
- Use a whitening mouthwash twice daily for effective results
Why Choose Dicus Family Dentistry for Opalescence?
Dicus Family Dentistry offers excellent Opalescence treatments to their patients by their expert dentists. We use high-quality equipment and safe gel that ensure that you receive optimum results in minimal time with minimum discomfort.
Please reach out to Dicus Family Dentistry at 15 McCabe Drive, #201, Reno, NV 89511, to have a consultation with our dentist. Call us at (775) 828-7246 or schedule an online consultation, and we’ll guide you further.