Prosthodontics is a dental specialty that involves the diagnosis and treatment of dental problems related to the teeth, gums, and surrounding soft tissues. It is a combination of dental sciences such as oral medicine, oral surgery, and dentistry. The treatment plan of Prosthodontics focuses on restoring the damaged teeth and making them functional.
Prosthodontists provide specialized procedures like restoring your teeth and gums to their ideal form. Oral health problems like chipped, cracked, broken, or missing teeth can be restored by a prosthodontist. They are trained to provide solutions for all kinds of dental issues.
- Facial Aesthetics:A prosthodontist can solve your facial aesthetic problems that you may face due to missing or damaged teeth. Your facial features can be enhanced by aligning your teeth properly with the help of dental restorations such as crowns, bridges, porcelain veneers, implants, and more.
- Dental Implant:Dental implants can provide an excellent solution for missing teeth. A prosthodontist will create a titanium post surgically into your jawbone. The implant will serve as an artificial tooth root for your replacement teeth, such as crowns and bridges.
- Tooth Replacement: Prosthodontists can help you with replacing just a single tooth or multiple teeth using dental implants or bridges. They can also help you replace the complete set of your missing teeth using dental implants and bridgework.
- Matching Your Natural Teeth: A prosthodontist is a specialist who can provide solutions to match the color and shape of your natural teeth using composite resins, porcelain veneers, inlays, onlays, and onlays/crowns. You can get these restorations done quickly in just one visit to our practice.
- Dental Impressions:Prosthodontists are experts at taking impressions of the patient’s mouth for fabricating the restorations like crowns, veneers, bridges, inlays, onlays, etc. The impressions are sent to the laboratory for manufacturing purposes.
- Teeth Whitening:Teeth whitening is a simple cosmetic procedure that can give you a bright smile in just one appointment at our practice. Our dentist will apply a customized whitening gel containing hydrogen peroxide over your teeth to restore their luster and color. The gel will remove impurities from the surface of your teeth, leaving them white and shiny.
- Dental Bonding: Dental bonding is done to fix chipped or misshapen teeth that cannot be treated using dental crowns or veneers. Composite resin is applied to the affected surface of your tooth and hardened using a curing light to create a solid restoration that can be matched with the color of your natural teeth.
What are the benefits of Prosthodontics treatment?
Prosthodontic treatments are known to provide several benefits like improved appearance, enhanced self-esteem, better oral health, and improved speech.
Some of the benefits of prosthodontic treatments are:
- Improved appearance
Prosthodontic treatments improve your appearance by providing solutions to treat dental issues like missing teeth, cracked or chipped teeth, or unevenly spaced teeth.
- Enhanced self-esteem
Prosthodontic treatments also help you gain a sense of pride and self-esteem by providing solutions to treat oral defects like unevenly spaced or discolored teeth. The results provided by prosthodontic treatments can help you feel better about yourself.
- Better oral health
Prosthodontic treatments help improve your oral health by treating dental issues that affect the mouth and its structures. The solutions provided help you maintain good oral health, which in turn helps you avoid other dental problems in the future.
- Improved speech
The solutions provided through prosthodontic treatments can also help improve your speech pattern because it fixes any irregularities in your bite that might cause difficulty in talking clearly. Prosthodontic treatments also help you eat more efficiently because it provides solutions for unevenly spaced or misaligned jaws that cause chewing problems.
Please reach out to Dicus Family Dentistry at 15 McCabe Drive, #201, Reno, NV 89511, to have a consultation with our dentist. Call us at (775) 828-7246 or schedule an online consultation, and we’ll guide you further.